Do you live in New York State?
If you are a New York State Resident not voting in Syracuse :
- If you are not yet registered to vote, first register using your non-Syracuse, New York address using a form from the New York State Board of Elections. You can then request an absentee ballot on this same form by checking the box in question #15. Mail the completed and signed form to your county board of elections by October 11.
- If you are already registered in NYS other than Syracuse, you may request a New York State absentee ballot using a form from the New York State Board of Elections Absentee Voting page. Mail the completed form to your county board of elections no later than the 7th day before the elections or deliver in person no later than the day before the election.
NEW THIS YEAR: New Yorkers worried about in-person voting due to COVID can request an absentee ballot through a new online portal. (Please note that you must already be registered to vote in New York State at your current address. If you aren’t registered to vote, or need to change your voter registration address, visit https://elections.ny.gov for more info.)
Do you live outside of New York State?
- FIRST register to vote in your state and THEN request and submit an absentee ballot to your hometown Board of Elections to actually cast your vote.
- To register in your hometown, check here for information on how to register in your home state.
- Check here for your state election dates and deadlines
- To obtain your absentee ballot, check here for more information on the process of receiving and submitting one for your state.