Do you live in New York State?
If you are a New York State Resident not voting in Syracuse :
- If you are not yet registered to vote, first register using your non-Syracuse, New York address using a form from the New York State Board of Elections. You can then request an absentee ballot on this same form by checking the box in question #15. Mail the completed and signed form to your county board of elections by October 14.
- If you are already registered in NYS other than Syracuse, you may apply for a New York State absentee ballot according to qualifications on the NYS Board of Elections Absentee voting webpage:
- By utilizing the online Absentee Application Portal
- By going in-person to your local county board of elections
- By designating another person to deliver your application in-person to your local county board of elections and receive your ballot
- By mail using a form from the New York State Board of Elections Absentee Voting page. Mail the completed form to your county board of elections.
- Applications requesting to receive an absentee ballot by mail must be received by the board of elections in your county no later than fifteen days before the election. For absentee ballots to be received in-person, applications must be received by your board no later than the day before the election.
Do you live outside of New York State?
- FIRST register to vote in your state and THEN request and submit an absentee ballot to your hometown Board of Elections to actually cast your vote.
- To register in your hometown, check here for information on how to register in your home state.
- Check here for your state election dates and deadlines
- To obtain your absentee ballot, check here for more information on the process of receiving and submitting one for your state.