Syracuse University is located within the City of Syracuse in the County of Onondaga. We communicate and collaborate regularly with the City of Syracuse on a wide range of local issues, including:
- campus planning and construction;
- public safety;
- city services; and
- community partnership projects.
As a major employer closely interconnected with the life of the Central New York community, we work closely with local officials and organizations to advance significant projects of common interest, such as:
- The Connective Corridor
- The Near West Side Initiative
- Say Yes to Education
- Southside Community Coalition
- Southside Innovation Center
- Syracuse Center of Excellence
In addition, we are proud to collaborate in Onondaga County’s Save the Rain program.